Operator Planning Suite
Cost-effective train maintenance planning
... multi-user, web-based graphical task planning application replacing traditional whiteboard.
The planning of train maintenance operations is still commonly conducted on a big whiteboard located in the operations control room, on which the train units that require servicing, maintenance tasks, arrival and departure times are listed. These are updated manually either in a tabular form or on top of a graphical layout representing a bird's eye view of the depot.
Zonegreen's Operator Planning Suite, as a multi-user, web-based graphical task planning application, is a cost-effective replacement of the whiteboard. It consists of two main views: a graphical layout representing the depot on which users can position trains and create and assign maintenance tasks, and a tabular layout to plan trains' scheduled arrivals and departures.
It provides up to the minute information on any train in the depot including:
- Train ID
- Expected arrival and departure times
- Type of maintenance required
- Time of arrival of next day’s trains
A web-based replacement for the whiteboard
The zonegreen OPS is web-based and therefore instantly transmits all information to any whiteboard screen in the depot or elsewhere.
The OPS train maintenance planning tool allows staff to:
- Easily visualise train locations in graphical layout
- Accurately update and synchronise maintenance information
- Share and disseminate maintenance information to different locations in a convenient way
- Capture maintenance activities and generate reports, reducing the manual tasks of filling in maintenance forms and paperwork
Zonegreen "Operator Planning Suite" Video